Friday, August 3, 2018

Final day of ministry:: Anna Just

Hello Friends, Anna here,

            My week here in Detroit has been absolutely wonderful. God has shown himself to me in so many different ways and I am so thankful for all those opportunities.  He has answered my prayers, along with the team. He has spoken to me through other people that I prayed for in Cass Park or in my Big A small group.  I have studied His Word during devos working through the book of Nehemiah. I am so very thankful for those opportunities and the people that I experienced them along with. 
            Today was Friday, our last full day in Detroit. If I could put a definition on the word bittersweet, it would be today, especially during Big A.  I just feel like when we drive home tomorrow, I will be leaving a piece of my heart here in Detroit with these sweet kiddos that I came to know this week. It is bittersweet because I am sad that I won’t be able to see these kids again for at least another year, but I am happy knowing that we all shared the gospel with them and showed them as much love as we could in one week. I bet, if we had a nickel for the every hug that someone on our team gave out to a kid at Big A, we could buy all those kiddos a candy bar. (: 
            I am just so thankful for this trip and the relationships that it has built and the change that it has and will make in my life. I can’t wait to go back next year.
            Signing off now because I can’t be late for my favorite game of Murder in the Dark. (oooooohh spooky) I’ll see you all tomorrow!
            Love, Anna

1 comment: