Sunday, August 2, 2015

From the heart of Kon

Hey, greetings from Kon Nagy!

Detroit has been so much fun so far and a lot has happened in the first full day we have been here. Our morning devotionals are very challenging but it really makes me think and feel Gods presence. This morning we went to Peoples Missionary Baptist Church and went to a three hour long service. It was a new experience and I had a very good time. It was almost stereotypical in the sense of a “Southern Baptist Church.” We heard lots of “Mmmhmmms” “Amens” “Hallelujahs” and “Oh Jesus.” We were the only white people there, but were very accepted. Our service was outside and I made the grand decision to wear flannel lined pants and a suit coat. Needless to say I lost a few pounds in sweat alone. It was a lot of fun! My group and I really felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.

After that we went back to the building, myself, Carl, Kaitlyn, and a few of the interns went to the Detroit Rescue Mission and served food to some of the homeless people in the area. It was a very fun experience and I have some funny stories but that’s not what I’m here to talk about. Tonight we had a time of worship and to me it was very powerful. Please continue to pray for us: that Gods will will be done, for Big A (VBS) that starts tomorrow, and that we will keep in good spirits!

God Bless!

Kon Nagy

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you all! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear about what happens over the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you all! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear about what happens over the next week.

    ReplyDelete