Monday, July 11, 2016

First Day of Big A


From the heart of Ashley Embree
      Today was a great day. We started off the day with service projects.  My group got in the car and just asked God to show up where he needed us to help someone out.  Not even 5 minutes after we left, we saw a car literally in the middle of the road with the tired unattached.  We got out of the car and asked the man if he needed help, and he did.  So we got in the car and got supplies for what we needed to fix the car.  When we got back Noah Ben and Adam help fix the car, and Lilly and I sat with the man’s wife and baby.  We had a great conversation and grew a relationship with her.  I really saw God working there and helping fix the tire and growing that relationship.  Then the second half of the day we went to Big A, or also know as VBS.  If was very fun to play with all the kids and start growing a relationship with my group so I can pour into their lives.  Today went a lot smoother then I thought it would, and I believe that is because God was there and gave us control over the kids.  I also saw that God gave me words to say to these kids when I didn’t know what to say.  To wrap this all up, I really saw God working today more then I ever have.

From the heart of C.J. Borleis
- Today was an eye opener for some of us in different ways that we didn’t expect.  A prayer walking group helped a couple that had a one month old baby with their car in the middle of the street because it was broken down. My group encountered a man was apprehensive to engage with us or let us pray for him. After engaging with him a bit more, he prayed with us and he ended up, telling us that he’s involved in his own church a lot..  It was just amazing to see God work in mysterious ways in these situations. At VBS today I was very excited to find out that I ended up with my same group as last year. It was nice to be able to talk with them again and be able to reconnect. It was great to see the power of God in them to allow them to be able to come back. I can’t wait for tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment