Wednesday, July 28, 2021

From the Heart of Ashley

 Sup Guys,

    Today I struggled to see where God was working if i'm being honest. I knew that He was walking along side me today but I didn't fully understand where He was going to revel Himself. 

    If you don't know two of my favorite things are planned for the same time every night. That would be worship and stories of the day. During stories of the day everyone is given an opportunity to share where they saw God working today. I know that I always want to share something big and extravagant with the group not to brag but because I have been taught that God only shows Himself in the big moments. After tonight that view has been forever changed by a wonderful lady named Jessica. 

   This morning my team and I were tasked with servant evangelism. We prayed and asked God to show us where He wanted to use us. As we went on praying we came to the conclusion to help a shelter. My team came across this domestic violence shelter on the list of places and it immediately caught my attention. This is where Jessica comes into play.

     Jessica, and her family, help run a domestic violence shelter in Detroit. God lead her to me and she, along with her family, came for my favorite part of the day, worship and stories of the day. Looking back on it while writing this I am truly seeing how it is such a big God moment. After sitting in the circle and sharing our God moments of the day I was able to have an amazing conversation with Jessica. This is where she showed me that God can be big in the little moments.

   The conversation started out with more of the casual ice breakers such as asking about her mission and vision for the shelter. People slowly started to leave not out of disinterest with what Jessica was saying but because God knew that I needed to have this heart to heart with her. The conversation grew into something greater and I felt this strong presence of The Holy Spirit flowing through her. I knew after just a few words talking one on one with Jessica that this was my God moment of the day. 

    Within that short conversation I was able to see the power that The Holy Spirit has. Jessica was the blessing that I had been asking God for.  Let me tell you, it was crazy to see my prayer being answered right in front of me. The sheer strength that her words held because of her faith was completely reliant on Gods grace alone. The end piece that tied all of the amazing things together was prayer. I asked her to end our conversation in prayer and she gladly accepted. The words that were said were so powerful and that is only by the means of The Holy Spirit. 

    In the end I was able to take so much away from our conversation. I know now that I want to love people the way that Jessica showed me love. I know that she is an incredible example of the love that God talks about in 1 John. I am inspired by The Holy Spirit, shown to me through Jessica, to do so much more for this community and for my own. I truly think that she was an angel sent from God and I thrive to have people feel The Holy Spirit the way I did tonight. 

    Thank you for all of the prayers! Please continue to pray for the unity of our team and whatever else God lays on your heart!

                    ~Ashley Wallin

No comments:

Post a Comment