Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Tuesday from the heart of Caleb

 Hello everybody,

    Amanda says that this needs to be longer than two sentences so I will do my best. Today was a crazy and productive day that I don't think that I will ever forget. 

   Today started very productive with Kevin coaching us through todays devos. Being together studying scripture was a great way to start out our day. 

  God made it clear to me today that I needed to admire Detroit's beauty while on our group prayer walk around the neighborhood. To my surprise I saw a male pheasant run across the road in the middle of Poletown. I never expected to see one in Detroit but I took that as a sign from God that I should take in more of the city's unexpected beauties.

    On this prayer walk we were admiring an abandoned school, and while trying to get a closer look at the schools playground we encountered a bird that at first glance appeared to be injured, but upon further inspection he just was refusing to fly. I befriended the bird and after a brief period of bonding we named the bird Frankie and he accompanied us on our journey. After a few blocks Frankie surprised us all when he flew out of my hand and we said our goodbyes and continued our journeys separately.

    After the prayer walk we regrouped and prepared for Big A.

    Big A was a hit today for the preschool squad. Kids were having fun from beginning to end and maybe having a bit too much fun during story time. Overall we had a blast at Big A today and hopefully we can keep this momentum rolling for the days to come.

    After Big A we were all exhausted and enjoyed a nice meal together before we were all viciously and brutally attacked by bats.

This has been Caleb, it's been real. ✌️ 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment