Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Day 4 from Mattie๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

 Hello all! Mattie here and I am going to tell you all about day 3 in Detroit AND day 1 of Big A!!! After getting a good nights sleep on the bottom bunk (I learned my lesson last year by sleeping on the top bunk about 12 feet high and let's just say its not worth the climb) we began our day with breakfast and our Galatians devotional.  My group that includes Joy, Caleb, and Tabitha had servant evangelism and came to a decision after praying and going on a drive that we would be buying school supplies to fill backpacks for a local school through the church we attending this year and the previous year called Woodside as they are holding a back to school campaign. The kids living in Detroit struggle each year with school and their want to learn as well so we prayed that they will want to engage more among other things. Big A was a new experience for me this year because while I came last year it was at the Detroit Love building outside while this year we were able to have Big A back at the Peoples Mission Church like previous years. So we loaded up the cars and headed off to the church. We actually use the Dream Center across the way from them which is just a big gym. I am with children 4-6 and they are definitely different than the older girls I had last year. I gave so many hugs and did so much dancing and coloring. It is such an amazing experience to be able to love on these kids who are so deprived of physical affection. That makes it even harder to leave at the end of the week. After saying our goodbyes and giving even more hugs we headed back to the building for a delicious dinner made by Lori. We got to have a great and deep discussion outside by the fire before worship and were able to share the gospel with a former Big A goer Daisharmonie and were hoping she would come back tonight so we could further the discussion with her and possibly start a relationship with Jesus. Being able to share the gospel is such a unique experience. I think I can say for all of us here in Detroit that we were ready for a good night of sleep and ready for the next amazing day. 

Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers and I am excited to see what the rest of the week has in store for the team. 

Peace out - Mattie 

No comments:

Post a Comment