Sunday, July 24, 2022

From The Heart Of Ashley

 

Upon waking up this morning on the top of my triple-decker bunk bed I realized, it's only Sunday. These past three days have felt like a whole week. It's crazy how time works when you're in a Spirit filled atmosphere. 

Today we went to Woodside Church in the Masonic Temple. Side note, that building is beautiful. We were greeted by a wonderful young lady named Gracie who welcomed us and then continued the conversation after church was over. It was cool to see how she wanted to connect with us and welcome us to their church. This was a good reminder for me because Gracies attitude and willingness to welcome is something that I want to bring back to our church. I would like to see the youth of our church, along with myself, welcome people like Gracie. 

After church and a very tasty lunch (thank you Lori) and we were off to see more of downtown Detroit. We were about three minutes into our walk when we met Scott. Scott didn't know us but started a conversation right away. He simply wanted to get to know us and see what we were doing. During our talking he mentioned that he is religious. It's not often that we come across someone who is religious and excited on our behalf. Scott had such a joy to him that was refreshing. 

The rest of the day was spent with God in devos and with the team. We are studying Galatians and so far it's going good. My team is a great one and I am continuously thankful for each one. From Natalie who taught Tabitha and I how to dance, too Caleb who cleaned up the butter that I spilled, to Mattie who makes me laugh, and Elena who is a strong leader. To Tabitha who's a great dance partner and Joy who is willing to help with anything. Amanda who is somehow holding us all together, Eric who is wise, and Truman who can lift anyones mood. I can't forget Rachel who was willing to put someone else's needs over her own. Even though we might not be put together all the time, I am excited to see what God has in store for this wonderful team and I in this upcoming week. 


            Ashley Wallin

No comments:

Post a Comment