Friday, July 29, 2022

Thursday from Tabitha

 What does God’s faithfulness look like to you?


Spending time here in Detroit opens your eyes both to the brokeness and beauty of the city in a very intimate way. As I’ve been noticing the pain that exists here throughout this trip, I’ve been praying to see the city come together in unity and community, lifting each other up in Christ. I know that my prayers have been echoed on the lips of many people before me. I also know that throughout today I was able to talk with people from multiple different Christian groups in town that I had never heard of and through hip hop dancing in the projects to receiving a flier for a cookout, God showed me today that he is listening to our prayers, and lifting up the people of Detroit. I thank Him for that. 


What does God’s joy look like to you?


Every day when I walk into VBS, I get to see tons of little faces light up with joy before I’m swarmed with children. Kids I’ve never talked to run up for hugs, which I give willingly. Do you know how much a game of foursquare means to them? Earlier today in the gym I noticed a girl chillin on the ground. I laid down next to her to interact with her, but before I even knew it she had curled into a ball and tucked herself under my arm. The touching moment ended with an impromptu tickle attack from another group of kids. I was so tired, but too full of love to care. How could I not smile?


What does God’s goodness look like to you?


There is no way I could fully articulate to any of y'all at home what this trip means to me. However, even if you know nothing about Detroit, knowing God is the biggest step you can take. After all, everything our team is doing and has done has been directed by God; we have been practicing being aware of the Holy Spirit; we are listening continually and hearing this: God is showing himself here in Detroit, and it is a beautiful thing. Thank you for being a part of it. 


See you soon!!!

Tabitha Kibwaa :)


(PS, if you have never attended a Hip Hop Bible Study, I highly recommend!)


No comments:

Post a Comment