Thursday, June 22, 2023

Day 6!

 Day 6 is now complete in Detroit! The time spent here has gone by SO quickly. Throughout this week, God has been present throughout my team and the Holy Spirit is at work.

Today, my team and I had the opportunity to prayer walk the neighborhood surrounding where we are living. If someone hasn't already mentioned, we are staying in 'Poll Town' and the place we live for the week is the old community center building for the Polish people coming to Detroit. Throughout our prayer walk, we prayed over church communities of Detroit, school systems, along with the community of the neighborhood. We were able to encounter some people in the community as well! One of the ladies we came across was a native of Detroit. She had a massive garden and she gave us a tour of her garden. It was incredible. We ate some of her strawberries, and tried mulberries for the first time! Her and her husband bought surrounding properties and have hope to build community in the neighborhood. It gave me immense hope that people are actively investing in the city. The life she is choosing to live is a life of simplicity as well which gave me perspective. It was a reminder of what matters in life- even though she wasn't necessarily a believer in God.

And then it was Big A time. God answered some prayers for Big A today. Amanda and I had 15 or 16 kids in 15+ (kids that are 15 year olds or older). What a blessing it was to be able to share God's word and love with kids. 2 brothers who had come before ended up coming today and it was so sweet!!! Not gonna lie, I was able to show the Detroit guys that I could hoop which was a fun flex on them too.

Overall, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to come back to Detroit. As I've mentioned, God has been moving through our team. Please reach out if you want other stories from the week!

God bless :)

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment