Sunday, June 18, 2023

Sunday from the Heart of Grace

 

Today we met a man at the GM Center on our walking tour of the city. I have never seen a person talk so openly about how personal the bible is for them. He seemed so brave and he didn't care what we would think about him. He wanted us to know about his faith. It was really admirable. We should be more open about our faith. 

Then we went to church at People's Baptist Missionary Church. It was different than what I have experienced church to be before. It was less about the people and more about the message and Jesus. The worship was very different. The people sang the songs with such soul. The fellowship was open and including. 

After church we came back to the building to prep for tomorrow's Big A (VBS). The whole team worked together to pack snacks, prep supplies and practice our worship song. 

We then began our study in 1 Peter. Our task was to read the whole book in one sitting. As I was reading, the verse 1 Peter 3:1 stuck out to me in a new way. Before I was very confused by it, it sounded like it was the wives duty to have a faith for her husband. Today God showed me a new understanding that it is the wives duty to show their faith to others so they can make it their own. I see this same thing through a parent relationship with their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment