Saturday, July 13, 2019

Friday- Last of Ministries

God has been at work this week in Detroit and it has been amazing to be apart of God’s plan! 1 Thessalonians is the book that we have been studying throughout the week and it has taught me and other people on the team so much about God that I had never known! If I didn’t have the Holy Spirit helping me interpret the mind-blowing information scripture was stating with the help of Kevin’s explanations, I would have been zoned out within seconds. That is one example of how God has been at work in my spiritual life.
Our servant evangelism project for this week involved my team being lead to the Children’s Hospital of Michigan and we found ourselves making little activity packets for some kids. Unfortunately we couldn’t see the patients directly which was a little bit of a bummer, but when we delivered the packets today that disappoint was uplifted.  A lady who would be giving out these packets couldn’t tell us enough how appreciative she was for the packets and how much it truly helps that kids even though it doesn’t really seem like it.  God was at work showing me that we don’t have to do grand gestures to fulfill his calling.
Big A (or VBS) was such an amazing experience this week that I can’t explain.  I worked with the preschoolers this week and they are some of the most adorable and most misbehaved kids ever and these kids will forever have a special place in my heart.  They are innocent souls that don’t really understand the world yet and it makes me so hopeful that they can learn about Jesus and what he did for all of us.  God was at work in multiple kids’ lives and it was incredible to watch.  There were moments of silence during a story that was unexpected and there is no other explanation except for God.  Kids would ask us different questions about who God is and where he is.  Four-year-old voices would shout, “God loves me!” and there is no words to express how much joy these phrases would bring to me when I heard this.  
These are just a few of the ways God was at work in the past week and so many other team members have some fascinating stories.  Our team has being united and it is such a blessing to not have any drama and become one big family :).  Giving up distractions for a week has also convicted me that I need to be living present and live like Jesus is going to come every single day of my life just like the Christians of Thessalonica.  Thank you for all your support and prayers!!
Emma Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment