Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tuesday- Day 2 of Ministries

Greetings from Detroit!

            Today started out with some wonderful blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes from Miss Lori. They were amazing.  After breakfast we did our daily devotional on 1 Thessalonians, followed by a large group discussion. It’s crazy how much you can learn about the Lord and those around you in just under 2 hours. 
            Following our devos, my team prayer walked in Cass Park. This was a super good time to see different ways the Holy Spirit works. We got to talk to and pray for many people of the community. What really stood out to me was when we would meet homeless people that appeared to have a good understanding of the gospel and faith. For example, one guy we met in the park, Rickie Ricardo, has had quite the life and is now looking for a home for him and his wife, as they are currently homeless. He said that he was introduced to Jesus around the age of 3 and is still a believer. He said that through all his life he has stayed happy and smiling. This is a wonderful example of having joy in Christ that isn’t situational.  This is just one example of how I saw Christ during our prayer walk.
            Following lunch (seriously the food is so good), we prepared for Big A (VBS) and had a chance to rest. I never knew you could do so much in one day, but boy does it tire you out. The rest was much needed. 
            After a bit of a shock and hectic time yesterday at Big A, I was a bit nervous going into today. However, I leaned on the God and he answered my prayers.  The 30 or so preschoolers I am able to work with is time well spent. Each kid wants your undivided attention and love and I do the best I can to give them that. Sharing the love and word of Christ to such small people is one of the best things I’ve ever done. We are planting seeds in these young ones, and learning just as much from them as they are from us. I can’t even explain how heart warming it is to hear a four year old excited about God.
            Coming home to tacos and worship was a good tummy and spiritual fill up. Being able to worship with this team is so so good. We then got to share stories of the day and that’s super cool to hear how much the Holy Spirit is working just in our small group, it’s hard to wrap our heads around how great God is. 
            Now it’s time for dessert and free time with the team. I cannot even describe how thankful I am to be on this mission trip. My heart is filled with love for Jesus, those around me, and the city of Detroit. Thank you back home to everyone who is supporting us. We can feel the prayers!

God bless, 
            Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment