Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Wednesday- 3rd day of Ministries

Hey friends! 
We are having such a fun time here in Detroit! Today we got to wake up 30 minutes later, which I think we all needed and appreciated:) After breakfast we did our devotions in 1 Thesalonians. Devotions have been one of my favorite parts of the day. I get to be outside in God’s creation, hearing the birds chirping and people outside while reading the bible and it has been such a great start to my morning everyday! After devos, our team had a very deep conversation about sanctification and many of us learned many things that we had not known before and everyone was sooo excited to be growing in their knowledge of sanctification. Today, my team went on a prayer walk around the neighborhood. It was a little difficult for me because there were many distractions, but despite the distractions I know my team still felt God’s presence and the hope for this city. We headed back to the Detroit Love building and had lunch (during lunch I got stung by a wasp for the first time, so that was fun:)) Then we did our chores and got prepped for Big A (VBS).  Walking into the doors of Big A while feeling the swarms of hugs and seeing the smiles of the kids is one of the best feelings ever!! I am with 11-14 year olds this year and it is a huge change from me helping with preschool last year. I love having fun, yet meaningful conversations about what they think heaven will look/be like, why God loves us even though we sin and why he created us uniquely and beautifully in his image.  After Big A we had dinner, which by the way is VERY good! We hung out for a little bit and then went into worship and stories of the day. We also had an hour+ conversation about some deep questions which was very great for all of us. 
Thank you for all of your prayers and please keep praying for what is happening in this city!! I need to go to bed now!! Love Brecken

1 comment: