Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursday- Second to Last Day of Ministries

Hello Everyone!  
            It is the second to last day which is really sad, but I’m ready to go home and live out everything I’ve learned from morning devos, to prayer walking, and even playing with the little kids and spreading God’s word! 
            So today started with morning devos.  The devos and talks with Kevin Dean have helped me grow so much in my faith and I’ve learned so many amazing things about God from his word in the bible.  Today we talked about what happens when Jesus comes back to Earth and it is CRAZY!  
            After devos, I went out with my team and helped out an old lady named Katheren paint her stairs on her patio and we will be going back tomorrow to finish up painting and also replacing some astroturf on her patio as well.  We found this old lady yesterday when we were driving around looking for people who needed help, however, at first we couldn’t find anyone who needed help but we did run into some people and got to pray and talk with them. We were starting to lose hope with only 30 minutes left and hadn’t found anyone to help yet!  Then we saw Katheren sitting out on her porch. We pulled over and parked the car and approached her. She is the nicest lady and she told us she was 93 and I was shocked because she doesn’t look a day older than 80. Anyways that’s how we spent our serving evangelism time today!
            After all that we had lunch and did our chores.  Than we did our Big A prep then had free time! This was the first day I didn’t need a nap so I had time to do stuff and played ball and sweated a bunch.  We packed up the cars and headed over to the place we set up Big A. Today we had a lot less kids then normal because it was $1 waterpark day so most of the kids we pick up went to that.  It was kind of nice with less kids because for one, they were easier to control and two, we could connect with them on a little deeper level then you could say with a group of 8-10 boys of the ages of 11-14 and with some 10 year olds that claim there 11. 
            Over all I have seen God working through me and our group throughout the week and can’t wait to share all of the incredible stories with all y’all back home.

God Bless,
Jack Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment