Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Monday- First Full Day of Minstries

Hello Everyone!!
            
            I had the most wonderful day filled with prayers, love and the Holy Spirit working through both myself along with my team. Starting off the day, my team and I went prayer walking around the neighborhood. As we prayed for the city of Detroit and the struggles and goodness that lie within it, I couldn’t help but think about how much hope is alive within the city. Whether it be through the kids that I interact with at Big A, the people we interact with on the streets, or the beauty that lies within God’s creation, I can’t help but be hit with the realization of how much hope is in this city. Today, I was sitting at Big A listening to Joy tell the story to the kids. With little girls gathered around me, I looked down at them and was filled with joy. I looked at their cute faces, the ones that God uniquely made and thought about how much lies ahead of them as they live their lives. I thought about the fact that as you strip everything away in their lives, the city of Detroit, their family life, the hardships that they experience, there is still the hope that lies in a relationship with Jesus left.
            Anyways, that is just a small story or snapshot into my time in Detroit so far…I can’t wait to see what is to come! The team is bonding so much and we are having a blast together. 
            Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers while we are here in Detroit! (:
            -Anna

1 comment: