Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Week 2: Day 3 of Ministries

I can’t believe we are half way done with the second week. Time has really flown by. I woke this morning to a text  from a Detroit youth, DeShaarmani, who we drove to a job interview yesterday and got the job. She was texting me to say Good morning and that she got on the bus. I am so proud of her. Later in the day, I got a text asking to pick her up for Big A. Just the simple task for giving her rides has grown our relationship with her. 

            During morning ministry, we walked around the city and prayed for people. One of our favorite ladies from last week was sitting in the park. She loves to read and told us she lost her reading classes. We decided to buy her a pair of reading glasses and bring them to her. She was so excited to be able to read again without straining her eyes. 

            Having a larger team join us at first was quite overwhelming. However it has been so cool to get to know new people and see how our common faith has bonded us together. Watching the children on the team worship and pray has been such a blessing to me. It sure has made me miss my kids more, but has lit a fire in me to do a family trip mission trip with them. 

            Thank you for all your prayers. God has been soooo good to us. 
            Gratefully, Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment