Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Fathers Day!😘

    This team is SOOOOOOO much fun! The past few days has me so excited for the many ahead. Today was our first full day in the city and we got to explore a little. We had the opportunity to take a little walk (actually it was 6 miles) into the downtown part of Detroit. The massive murals on the sides of buildings are just incredible, the city is alive. Something that really shocked me was the amount of change I saw in the city. Weather that was new buildings or people all over or parks updated; it changed a large amount in the last summer. But anywho we then returned to the D-Love building and changed for church. We got to experience (what i would say) is authentic Detroit church. With the music so loud you can even hear the singer and the congregation proclaiming amen (as they should) more time than all of us combing can count. The vibe was vibing. We then headed back to the D-Love building and prepared for the amazing things that are going to happen at BIG A tomorrow and the rest of the week (yayyyyy). Im excited but nervous because I’m going to be venturing into a new area of big a. The past two year I have had the privilege to be with preschool, but this year I get the opportunity to be with the 15+ age group.  Im heavily leaning on the lord in this time of adventure and I believe that he will get me trough it. On another note to end the night with debriefed our first day of devotionals and it when really well. I wish all the fathers Happy Fathers Day! 

Oh and might I add that basketball is getting heated!!

From the heart of Natalie Runksmeier 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment